Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Journey to God(Part 5 of 5) Walking with The Lord. By Cesar Reyes Torres

I’ve looked at all the other explanations, evaluations, hypothesis, and methods that people have for the universe. I am aware of evolution, cell theory, the big bang theory, galaxies, super nova’s, stars, moons, planets other than this one, fossils, dinosaurs, apes, homo habilis , homo erectus,
Australopithecus , and Neanderthals. I know about geology, erosion, the movement of tectonic plates and transformation of the continents over time. I know about the ice age, the Jurassic age, the Palaeozoic age. I am aware that there are different people all around the world, with different religions. I know that historically, humanity has worshiped a very large array of Gods. I know that Atheist think that people who believe in God are crazy, stupid, weak minded, or all three.

So now that you know what I am aware of I can say the following. I am a proud catholic man, and I walk with the lord. Now if you ask other people what that means, they may tell you a variation of different answers. Some may make sense to you, others may seem irrational, and some things people say about God may just make you wanna stay away from faith all together. For now I can only speak on my relationship with God and how I know he is always there.

I can easily go about telling you that since the day I have let Jesus in my life, that everything has been great and that the dark clouds that surrounded me have dissolved and that I am now surrounded by rainbows and flying doves around me. But that’s not necessarily an accurate interpretation of where my life is. Since the day I decided that I was gonna let God in my life and I was going to walk with lord, I have lost an uncle, which was my mother’s brother, a good friend of mine lost his daughter, and months ago my sister died in a car accident along with her husband who was my brother in law who also lost his life, they left behind two children. I went back to school but ended up flunking a  few classes, and I gave up all together on others, my car continues to have trouble, and there are days when I am just waiting for it to not start all together and that I’ll be left stranded somewhere. My cousin who I love like a brother lost his job. I have a sister who is sick and is battling for her life. I have a injured ankle that hurts, and there are days when I limp to my apartment really tired.

Before I accepted and opened up my heart to God. All of these things would have broken me in half. I would have reacted very stupidly, impulsively, impatiently, and I would have quivered up into a little ball in a corner somewhere. I would have resorted back to dependencies that I had on people, and on things that were not related to God. But my faith kept me strong, my faith let me say farewell to those that have left this world and trust that God is taking care of them now, and someday God willing we will all meet up again in heaven, and I will hug them again, we will laugh together again, we will smile again, and we will be reunited again. But until then I will do as God asks of me here on earth so that I can go to where I know they are now. I know that failure in life will only last as long as you stop trying, that I make mistakes, but I believe in the forgiveness of sins, and I believe God opened up a door for me to make things right in my life, and make amends for all of the things that I’ve done wrong. And just like my school transcript shows the classes that I failed at, and the lessons that I did not learn, but that I retook and passed those classes and learned those lessons.  My spiritual transcript will show my failings in life, the sins that I committed, but also what I did after that and where I took my life from. The material things in life will all be gone some day, and some day everything will become dust again, so those material possessions must never be allowed to be the primary concern in my life, cars do not have a soul, and phones do not have a soul. The woes of those people closest to you, are neither punishment nor judgment on their lives and more than anything are circumstances that befall all of Gods children, and even in the echo of silence when the wind whispers across your neck, God hears all of your prayers, and even when people think God has abandoned them he is always watching very closely and he works in mysterious ways, and you must have faith that he will provide what you need, no more and no less.

That it is always going to be in humanities nature to want to know everything at all times, immediately. But just like the little waves that surround a ship, eventually every little thing that you put between yourself and God can and will eventually become an ocean, until the point where you’re so far away that you feel like your drowning and the only thing you have around you are little waves that cannot save you, but the Lord can walk on water and if you put your trust and faith in him and take the hand that he has offered you, he can save you as long as you know that a walk with the Lord is not for a little while, it is for the rest of your life.

But even after you are saved and you can smile and celebrate your life because you walk with him. You must remember that your faith can and will be tested again and again and again. But during that test you may have a moment of doubt, but staying close to God can and will always renew you:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort.. –Psalm 23:4

And even though there may be moments of pain when you feel like your life is suffering, you must remember that


In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1Peter 1:6-7

And that  there is no shortage of people who will want to provoke you,

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. Matthew 5:39

And when people insult you because of your faith, remember that

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

I have learned that perfection is a thorn that will be a pain at your side if you choose to make it your neighbour

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.- John 8:7


These are the lessons that I learned. God saw fit when and how I was going to learn these lessons. I have faith that he has more things he wants to teach me and tasks that he wants me to do in his name. I pray that I always walk with him, and that I always remain his humble, and loyal student. I pray that I never lose sight of the path that he laid forward for me, or that I forget the pit from where he pulled me out of. I give him thanks for truly letting me live again. For surrounding me with many of his kind and friendly students, and that even though there may come a time in our paths where God may take all of us in separate ways, our hearts will always stay united in our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

Thank you to everyone who took a minute to look at my Journey to God

No comments:

Post a Comment