Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sometimes I cry. By Cesar Reyes

Sometimes I cry and there is not enough optimism in the world to help pick me up off the ground

I set out to go find myself , instead I ended up lost and not found
Warm tears roll down my cheeks but i can feel them in my heart, and in my heart there stone cold

Each one represents one fucked up story that will never get told

The emptiness sits inside me , like blank shelves that use to hold something meaningful

I work hard everyday , but happiness for me isn't achievable

I have a fake smile and a fake voice, they are the essential masks that I wear

But god knows they don't belong to me, to me they're just a disguise I have there

Catastrophe follows me, and making mistakes is the only thing I seem to be good at

I gave my soul to a girl and she traded it in for a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of jack

I have a place to sleep at night , but I have no home

People ask to many fucken questions, thats why id rather live my life alone

Im trying to forget the shit I put up with every fucken day

Silence is my only friend, because it never has a damn word to say

Everyday I give up on one dream, and at night I sometimes hope god can take me peacefully in my sleep

Maybe he can make me a spirit so I can travel with the wind and never again weep

I keep my head down and blend into crowds, so people who think they know me cant see me

People enjoy my poetry, but wouldn't want to be me

If you think im being over dramatic, you can read it all in my eyes

And when you look deep  enough you'll say to yourself," I understand why he sometimes cries" 

1 comment: