Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

I still believe. By Cesar Reyes Torres

When all about me, I was surrounded by pain and sadness
God laid out a safe path for me to walk on
When I strode away from that path
God forgave me and let me come back, and continue the journey he laid out for me

When I felt like I had no way out of the prison I had put my life in
God opened the door and set me free
When I failed to find a reason to continue moving forward
God gave me a purpose

When I was tempted by distractions
God kept me resolute and strong
When I stumbled to the ground and felt that I couldn’t move past mountains of despair
God picked me up, he moved those mountains, and he let me proceed

When I thought I had done all that I could do
God gave me the hope to say to myself, do a little bit more
When I grew tired and weak from the journey
God gave me the strength to keep going and show others that I still believe

No comments:

Post a Comment