Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Living To Die. By Cesar Reyes

One day I will not be here
From the day I was born
My countdown began
I’m not sure what I’ve accomplished
Do I dare even call me a man?
Despite the faith that I have
I don’t know what happens when my countdown ends
My image is nothing but a foggy memory to my family & friends
From the day I was born
I’ve just been living to die
I don’t know how far my echoes will travel
If someday someone will shed light on my web of lies
That each poem that I echo represents one tear
That even though I wrote of strength and triumph
I lived my life in fear
From the day I was born
I was introduced to the world as my cemetery
I write poems instead of shedding tears
Because they are something I cannot carry
My poems are dark, but they are as clear as day
When my countdown ends, to the cemetery I leave behind
My poems are what I give
Let them remember me by saying
That from the day I was born
I was dying to live

No comments:

Post a Comment