Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Unsheltered Soul. By Cesar Reyes



I feel that as I was growing up I was too exposed
to life’s harsh realities
 
And over the years it was up to me to learn how to
Heal myself from those emotional brutalities
 
Even though at times I may sound remorseful
I do believe all of those experiences made me stronger
 
I learned that It is only through pain and sacrifice
That you can say you struggled but in the end conquered
 
I have to admit that the most helpful thing in life
Was feeling lost, like my life had no obvious direction
 
It was helpful to me because I was able to figure out my life
And I gained much needed wisdom and eternal comprehension.
 
I found out the hard way, that you can’t trust just anyone
And for the purposes of value all relationships must be measured
 
There are people that are not worth the time
Regardless, if they bring you any form of pleasure
 
I feel like I was born with the innocent smile of a child
But that smile is one that life stole
 
Today I feel like a free spirit
Even though I have grown up an unsheltered soul
 

No comments:

Post a Comment