Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Often. By Cesar Reyes



I wish I saw you more often than our present rate of communication

But I hope you know that every second I spend with you is of the most sincere appreciation

If it was up to me I would greet you every day with a friendly hug, just so you didn’t forget I’m here

It seems like I never see you that much, until out of nowhere we both suddenly appear

I hope you don’t just see me as a casual acquaintance, because I happen to consider you a good friend

I guess in the back of my mind I fear that you’ll get tired of me if I saw you more than just now and then

I underestimated the power of a smile, until you gave me a reason to smile for

I underestimated the power of a frown, until you showed how sadness was something I could ignore

I can see how some people will never understand the friendship a man and woman can share

But until they have a friend like you, as far there opinion goes I don’t really care

I hope after you read this it’s followed by a smile

And that hopefully the next time I see you I won’t be that long of a while







No comments:

Post a Comment